The Biogen Idec Foundation will award $125,000 in grants to support innovative science education programs and projects across North Carolina.
Ignite the Power of STEM grants will be awarded to teachers, schools and non-profit STEM education programs that serve K-12 students. More information about the grant can be found by following this link. The deadline to apply is Friday, Jan. 16.
Teachers may apply for a grant up to $2,000
Schools and non-profits may apply for grant up to $5,000
Applications will be accepted from full-time professional personnel from public and charter schools located in N.C. that had at least one individual from their school district registered for, or in attendance at, the Bridging the Gap STEM Education Conference on October 28 and 29, 2014 (see website for list). Applications will also be accepted from non-profit STEM education programs that serve K-12 students. Preference will be giving to conference registrants, attendees and to programs that work with schools that attended the conference.
Programs should be designed to:
• Promote science literacy in innovative ways among students
• Enable teachers to bring new, exciting hands-on science experiences to their students
• Encourage underserved youth with potential to pursue science as a career
• Create excitement about STEM topics within the classroom setting
• Inspire students to consider pursuing STEM careers
- Applications will be accepted until Friday, January 16, 2015.
- Grants will be awarded by Feb. 20 and are to be expended by Dec. 31, 2015.
TO APPLY: please click here.